New divers as well as “old salts” find many different areas of interest in the underwater environment. From dry suit diving in colder temperatures to diver propulsion vehicles in the warm Caribbean waters, divers will find many specialties available to broaden their scuba skills. When you have completed four specialties and logged a minimum of 25 dives, you qualify for the SDI Advanced Diver rating. Add Rescue and 25 more dives to qualify for the coveted Master Diver rating.
Buoyancy, Navigation, Night, Deep & Search & Recovery.
Advanced Adventure Weekends
If you have any questions please call us at (614) 545-3483 and we would be happy to help!
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent; juniors can only take specialties approved for their age
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
- Complete the SDI Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk Form and SDI Medical Statement Form. Liability Release and Medical statements must be handed in 24 hours before first class date & time. Depending on Medical History, the diver may need a physician approval and signature on SDI Medical packet before starting the class.
- Life Support Equipment
- Dive Computer
- Own Personal Equipment
- Additional Equipment
- Thermal Protection
- Dive Accessories needed for specific dives
- Each diver must provide own primary and backup lights and at least one audio or visual signaling device
- The regulator must be a cold water specific regulator.
- BCD must be rated to hold enough weight for diving in colder environments and must provide enough lift for that equipment and weight.
- Thermal protection must be appropriate for the diver to be comfortable diving in 50-65 degree water for extended amounts of time. This includes all neoprene protection like gloves, hoods, and boots.
- Each diver will need at least 2 tanks for the weekend.
- Each diver will need a primary light, a backup light, and an audio or visual signaling device.
Please check our class calendar for upcoming specialties.
If you would like additional information about the specialties, we would invite you to a consultation with our current staff instructor to go over the details of the next outing with you.
During your consultation please bring all of your certification cards, your logbook and any information pertaining to your diving career.