The purpose of this course is to give the diver an overview of 5 different specialties. 5 dives will be done over the weekend. One dive, from each of the specialties, may apply toward a complete specialty certification.
The dives scheduled for the weekend will be Buoyancy, Navigation, Night, Deep & Search & Recovery.
Buoyancy, Navigation, Night, Deep & Search & Recovery.
Advanced Adventure Weekends
Read below to see the schedule, understand the requirements, what equipment you will need, as well as other important information. These are important to be able to take part in the Advanced Diver Weekends. If you have any questions please call us at (614) 545-3483 and we would be happy to help!
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent; juniors can only take specialties approved for their age
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
- Complete the SDI Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk Form and SDI Medical Statement Form. Liability Release and Medical statements must be handed in 24 hours before first class date & time. Depending on Medical History, the diver may need a physician approval and signature on SDI Medical packet before starting the class.
- Life Support Equipment
- Dive Computer
- Own Personal Equipment
- Additional Equipment
- Thermal Protection
- Dive Accessories needed for specific dives
- Each diver must provide own primary and backup lights and at least one audio or visual signaling device
- The regulator must be a cold water specific regulator.
- BCD must be rated to hold enough weight for diving in colder environments and must provide enough lift for that equipment and weight.
- Thermal protection must be appropriate for the diver to be comfortable diving in 50-65 degree water for extended amounts of time. This includes all neoprene protection like gloves, hoods, and boots.
- Each diver will need at least 2 tanks for the weekend.
- Each diver will need a primary light, a backup light, and an audio or visual signaling device.
- Meet at the quarry at 10 am
- 3 dives will be done
- Dive 1 Buoyancy, Dive 2 Navigation, Dive 3 Night
Day 1 will be all day and will go into the late evening so each diver will need to plan for overnight accommodations and plan on meeting Sunday at 9 am.
- Meet at the quarry at 9 am
- 2 dives will be done
- Dive 4 Deep, Dive 5 Search & Recovery
If you would like to register for the next Advanced Adventure Weekend, we would invite you to a consultation with our current staff instructor to go over the details of the next outing with you.
During your consultation please bring all of your certification cards, your logbook and any information pertaining to your diving career.